Boston butt prices

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jamantste

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 29, 2011
Meridianville, Alabama
I just bought my fist butt in a while and paid 15 bucks for a five pounder. Seems high, but so does everything else these days. I was just wondering how that compares to the rest of you all..... I bought it a Publix btw.

They are around 2 bucks per pound in this area.

Publix has good meat...they usually get a little more than Winn Dixie.

Have a great day!!

Craig

Bad news from the other coast.  A year ago we were buying butts for 99/lb on sale.  Now it is 1.99/lb on sale, and 1.69 if we are really lucky.  I guess sending all that corn for $4 gas was a good thing.  It wasn't the change some people thought?

Good luck and good smoking.

so I guess 2.99 is high.... Oh well, last few times I looked they didn't even have them. I guess they are a hot item here in northern Alabama. Supply and demand huh....

so I guess 2.99 is high.... Oh well, last few times I looked they didn't even have them. I guess they are a hot item here in northern Alabama. Supply and demand huh....

I think the delete button is called an election?

laugh1.gif
roflmao.gif
ROTF.gif

BSmeter.gif

it seems like some super market has those things on sale all the time.....regardless, a nicely smoked butt is priceless! 
439.gif

+1 for SAM's if you have one in your area.  Been pretty happy with their meat and prices, they even run sales once in awhile, and those are usually real good buys.  Case break too if you have a big party.

Bad news from the other coast.  A year ago we were buying butts for 99/lb on sale.  Now it is 1.99/lb on sale, and 1.69 if we are really lucky.  I guess sending all that corn for $4 gas was a good thing.  It wasn't the change some people thought?

We use to see .98 and even down to .88 @ lb. when on sale. Not any more. $1.69 is around the norm, with a $1.49 being a sale. Still under $10 for a 6 1/2 lber or so.

The u.s.a is the worlds bread basket.But this year i have seen more brown empty unplanned Fields than ever .It's scary .They say Ark planted 30% less rice than last year because of fuel prices.Bush agri gets it's rice here for it's beer 3 miles from my house.So beer will go up and so will rice along with all foods.

Last edited:
Sams club case price is at 1.48 around here and the case is between 50 to 65 lbs with 8 shoulders. We would see prices at .99 cents per lb about 6 months ago not any more. Pork butts also would go on sale about once a month in the grocery store but now I only see them on sale every 2 months for 1.77 per lb.

joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky