boston butt help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matw

Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Hi guys,

I have had a butt in the smoker for the last 14.5 hours. This is only a 6 lb butt so it should have been done long ago. I was not up watching it all night but did check on it every couple of hours so i dont know where the stall was at. I have went from 180 to 185 in the last 4 and 1/2 hours. I repositioned the probe to make sure i wasnt in some fat or something but that didnt make a difference. Any thoughts what i should do with this thing. Keep going? My temps have stayed between 225 and 240 all night. Thanks

I agree about your probe. Also, you may want to check your smoker thermometer as well..14.5 hrs for a 6 lb butt is a long time, IMHO.

have to agree  14+ hours on a 6 lb butt is to long . Either your smoker temps or your meat probe temps have to be off. .

how does the meat feel...........is it tender to the touch and if there is a bone will it move freely?

unless your smoker isn't to temp I would have to say that, that butt is done! Have you boil tested your therm probe?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky