• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

boston butt help

matw

Joined Jan 21, 2010
Hi guys,

I have had a butt in the smoker for the last 14.5 hours. This is only a 6 lb butt so it should have been done long ago. I was not up watching it all night but did check on it every couple of hours so i dont know where the stall was at. I have went from 180 to 185 in the last 4 and 1/2 hours. I repositioned the probe to make sure i wasnt in some fat or something but that didnt make a difference. Any thoughts what i should do with this thing. Keep going? My temps have stayed between 225 and 240 all night. Thanks

davoc

Joined Sep 6, 2010
I agree about your probe. Also, you may want to check your smoker thermometer as well..14.5 hrs for a 6 lb butt is a long time, IMHO.

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
have to agree  14+ hours on a 6 lb butt is to long . Either your smoker temps or your meat probe temps have to be off. .

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
how does the meat feel...........is it tender to the touch and if there is a bone will it move freely?

sloweredcivic

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 18, 2010
unless your smoker isn't to temp I would have to say that, that butt is done! Have you boil tested your therm probe?

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.