Boneless Turkey breast . Cured and smoked .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I take it off after resting / before slicing . Yup keeping it moist is the idea . Gives it shape too .
I smoke quite a bit of the wild turkey breast meat we harvest. It's all skinnless though, so I never thought of using the skin like you do. I will definitely try it with store bought turkey breast next run of smoked turkey I do. Thanks for the idea.

Reactions: chopsaw
I will have a sammie please.
Open face ok ? That was the end of it . Even better warmed up .
20210302_181452.jpg

, I think it might benefit from a little seasoning on the meat before wrapping with the skin. But I thank you for the idea!!!
I've done it different ways . Seasoned with no skin works too , but don't forget this was in a brine for 6 days . Had all kinds of flavor .
Thanks for looking .

Kapow as they say....nice looking meal...would belly up to that.
Thanks for the comment Kit .

Wow Rich, that turkey looks absolutely perfect! It would be a big deal around here...and a turkey blt sounds like it would hit the spot right now!
Joe , it makes a great sandwich , but even better warmed up .
Thanks for lookin bud .

. I will definitely try it with store bought turkey breast next run of smoked turkey I do. Thanks for the idea.
I've done it with breast halves , no skin . Rubbed and netted to give it some shape . Cooks a bit more even too .
Next one I'd like to do light and dark meat together .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky