Boneless Smoked Pork Chops/w Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Boneless Smoked Pork Chops (or Canadian Bacon)
Last time I made Canadian Bacon, I sliced a few pieces at 1/2" thick (smoked pork chops). They were soooooo good, I decided to make a whole bunch of 'em. I found two nice Pork Loins at Giant for $1.99 per pound. I cut each loin in half, weighed them, mixed the proper amount of Tender Quick (1/2 ounce per pound of meat) for each of the 4 pieces, added an equal amount of brown sugar, rub it in real good, and put them in individual ziplock bags.
Then into the fridge for 9 days at 37*/38* degrees, flipping and massaging each day.
Then after draining, soaking in ice water for 1/2 hour, slicing a slice from an end, and a slice from the middle of one of them, I gave it the salt test, by frying those slices. Tasted fine, so into the fridge for an overnight pellicle forming (after seasoning with onion powder, garlic powder, & black pepper).
The next day (Sunday), into the smoker they went. Set at 100* with Hickory chips & chunks. No water in pan for first hour. After one hour, bump up to 120*, and add Apple chips & chunks, plus add Microwaved Apple Juice to pan. Then I gradually bumped the heat up to 140*, 160*, 180*, 190*, 200*, and 210* until the internal temperature of each piece hit 160* (adding Apple chunks each time it stopped smoking). Two of them hit 160 in 7 hours, and two of them in 8 hours (due to where they were in the MES). Then I let them air-cool for awhile, then wrapped each piece in foil, then saran wrap, and into the fridge overnight to "mellow" out. The next day I sliced it all into 54 Pork Chops (+1/2" each), a few packs of Canadian Bacon, and one bowl of very tasty ends.

Note: I did this before I had my A-MAZE-N-SMOKER. Next time I'll use that & make a new "step-by-step".

Enjoy the Qview:

Two Pork Loins (Total 16+ pounds):
2n9m9y.jpg

Giant----$1.99 per pound:
2cymxyp.jpg

Rinsed & dried off, ready for cure:
9sxpq8.jpg

Pork Loin #1 cured, dried, seasoned, and ready for smoking:
2w3uelg.jpg

Pork Loin #2 cured, dried, seasoned, and ready for smoking:
orrmno.jpg

Slicing:
2s0cuuv.jpg

54 Boneless Smoked Pork Chops, a little Canadian Bacon, and a bowl of tasty ends:
2ng8tg2.jpg

All packed, marked, and ready for freezing:
334tf11.jpg

Thanks for lookin',
Bearcarver

Last edited:
Reactions: sigmo and mearm
now thats a stashload for the freezer and they look awesome man!!! simple too, love it will have to watch them loins for a sale. thks for sharing!!!
points.gif

OK hate to sound new
mad.gif
But why cure? Could you not just smoke them the way they were? Is the cure to hold them longer?? I really want to try this but I don't know the first thing about curing??

Now that's a ho lotta loin! Great job making a nice variety of good eats. And what a deal on the loin -- great time to jump on it and stock the freezer!

points.gif

Thank you MUCH Jim!
BC

Thanks erain, this is one of the few things my wife loves too !
BC

realtorterry,
You have to cure the meat before smoking, if you are going to smoke it low and slow. Meat will spoil if it is in temps from 40* to 140* for longer than 4 hours. If it is cured properly, that is not a worry. Plus curing gives the meat the "Hammy" taste, instead of the regular Pork taste. It's a whole different thing. There are all kinds of threads on this forum about various ways of curing, and various cures to use.

Bearcarver

Thank you----My freezer is just about full, and I already gave away 17 Pork Chops----Only 37 left
eek.gif

BC

Thank You very much !
BC

sweet loins. your looks terrific. I have 50 plus pound brining in the fridge right now. it is not really a brine I do not use much salt.
going to smoke em friday with some clods butts and ribs.
I hope mine look as good as yers.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
and lobbin some
points.gif
at ya. great job.

Bearcarver

CB is next on my list of To Do's!

Gotta LOVE those "Ends & Pieces"!!!

I tried to give you some points, but it said I have to spread some around first. I'll be back!
points.gif

Todd

That looks awesome and I'll bet it tastes even better
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Bearcarver, those chops look extremly tasty
points.gif
my wife buys the loins and slices them into chops, there is 6 of us so we never have any left to freeze, but if I had a vacumn pack, and a meat slicer, we could save alot of $$$, on doing what you did.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks Piney,
You're right, they taste GREAT. We deleted 3 of them last night for supper, with roasted reds & peas. Cut with a fork & melt in your mouth.

Bearcarver

Also, Many Thanks to Meateater, northern greenhorn, TJohnson, RibKing, and coyote !!!!

Bearcarver

You really have to love that canadian bacon. Now it is a staple in most of our diets around here I think.

I'm hoping some other people cut at least a few 1/2" or thicker pieces from their next Canadian Bacon smoke, just to try it.
These Boneless Smoked Pork Chops are out of this world!

In the past, we bought smoked pork chops at every butcher shop in the area. Then we found the best ones to be at one of the shops at Zern's farmers' market in Gilbertsville, PA.
These are even better than theirs are----Make that "Better than theirs WERE".
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Bearcarver

Boy do those look good... That is what I call a pork chop...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky