boneless skinless chicken breast - need ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crown225

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
I am constantly cooking these and need some new ideas or maybe how to cook them. After reading the burger thread I figured there must be a better way.

any ideas or info

Pound them flat and layer cheese and ham then roll up and smoke. Or Stuff them.

You could also marinade them in different things like Teriyaki, Italian Dressing, Some kind of citrus, or some spicy Asian sauce.

Wrap them with bacon everything is better with bacon
biggrin.gif

what is yoshida

I like the bacon idea and the pound flat and roll them up also

thanks for the ideas

Definitely!!!!!!!!

Try these out for size...mucho tasty eats...

Lemon/Butter basted cold smoked & seared:
http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/...basted+chicken

Lemon/Pepper seasoned cold smoked & seared:
http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/...ht=chix+thighs

You could go straight grilled or hot smoked...the cold smoked and seared just happens to be my favorite method for smaller cuts...a little extra smoky goodness with a faster cook than hot smoked, and you get a crispy skin (if present).

Enjoy brother!

Eric

Marinade is good
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Injection is good
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
BACON IS GOOD!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
biggrin.gif

Just play man, play....get the stuff you like, and PLAY...you'll find your favorite and a few 2ndary favorites you will go back to.

Brine them, at least overnight. I smoked & bbq some, and accidently left them in the brine a little over two days, the were so juicy, and good.

Also, If you decide you want the breast, do not buy skinless. I repeat "DO NOT BUY SKINLESS"

Chicken is a wonderful thing, the meat does not absorb fat. So, what you do is buy regular chicken breast, then pull the skin off after it's cooked. You'll find it's a heck of a lot cheaper, and a heck of a lot tastier. Same thing works for turkey.

Experimentation is what smoking is all about. Once you put different things together, you might accidentally stumble on to a creative find. Let your taste buds to the walking. Good Luck.

+2 Rip off that skin when done. The skin helps the breast keep it's moisture but does not cook so well on low temps.

+1 on the bacon. Cut them in cubes, wrap with bacon and make kabobs out of them. I use the thick ends for that and save the thin ends to fry like fish fillets. My girlfriend is a chicken freak, so I have to get creative.
icon_cool.gif

Pound them flat, wrap a couple of spears of asparagus up in them, then wrap the outside with prosciutto (sp?), smoke for a while, then about 15 minutes before they are done put a slice of provolone cheese on top. I like to drizzle the top with a mustard cream sauce - kinda like an alfredo, but with a couple of tablespoons of dijon mustard added.

tried this once and really enjoyed it

pound out breast placed stove top stuffing and bacon onit

rolled it up put a little italian dressing baste
cook and eat simple and tasty

+1 on that. I get bonein breasts on sale sometime for .69 a pound and stock up. I'll brine them and fill the UDS to the max capacity and then pull them, very moist.

thanks for all the ideas, going to try the brine and the baste recipe also

would you use kosher salt for the brine - i would think a quart of water would be enough, how much salt would you add to one quart of water

thanks again

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky