boneless skinless chicken breast - need ideas

Discussion in 'Grilling Tips' started by crown225, Apr 19, 2010.

1. crown225

crown225 Fire Starter

I am constantly cooking these and need some new ideas or maybe how to cook them. After reading the burger thread I figured there must be a better way.

any ideas or info

2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Pound them flat and layer cheese and ham then roll up and smoke. Or Stuff them.

You could also marinade them in different things like Teriyaki, Italian Dressing, Some kind of citrus, or some spicy Asian sauce.

3. thunderdome

thunderdome Master of the Pit

Inject them w/ some creole butter or Yoshidas

4. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Wrap them with bacon everything is better with bacon [​IMG]

5. [​IMG] bacon, yes bacon [​IMG]

tjdcorona likes this.
  6. crown225

crown225 Fire Starter

what is yoshida

I like the bacon idea and the pound flat and roll them up also

thanks for the ideas

7. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Forget boneless/skinless breasts.

Use thighs instead.

8. crown225

crown225 Fire Starter

what is the advantage of thighs

9. ak1

They're much tastier & juicier IMO.

Cook up some skinless thighs and some breasts, I think you'll agree with me.

10. forluvofsmoke

forluvofsmoke Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Definitely!!!!!!!!

Try these out for size...mucho tasty eats...

Lemon/Butter basted cold smoked & seared:
    http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/...basted+chicken

Lemon/Pepper seasoned cold smoked & seared:
    http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/...ht=chix+thighs

You could go straight grilled or hot smoked...the cold smoked and seared just happens to be my favorite method for smaller cuts...a little extra smoky goodness with a faster cook than hot smoked, and you get a crispy skin (if present).

Enjoy brother!

Eric

11. memphisbud

memphisbud Smoke Blower

Marinade is good [​IMG] Injection is good [​IMG] BACON IS GOOD!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

Just play man, play....get the stuff you like, and PLAY...you'll find your favorite and a few 2ndary favorites you will go back to.

12. fishawn

fishawn Smoking Fanatic

Mad Hunky Rub, Smoke, shred or pull, vacuum pack with some olive oil.

13. daddyzaring

daddyzaring Smoking Fanatic

Brine them, at least overnight. I smoked & bbq some, and accidently left them in the brine a little over two days, the were so juicy, and good.

14. ak1

Also, If you decide you want the breast, do not buy skinless. I repeat "DO NOT BUY SKINLESS"

Chicken is a wonderful thing, the meat does not absorb fat. So, what you do is buy regular chicken breast, then pull the skin off after it's cooked. You'll find it's a heck of a lot cheaper, and a heck of a lot tastier. Same thing works for turkey.

15. caveman

caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Experimentation is what smoking is all about. Once you put different things together, you might accidentally stumble on to a creative find. Let your taste buds to the walking. Good Luck.

+2 Rip off that skin when done. The skin helps the breast keep it's moisture but does not cook so well on low temps.

16. +1 on the bacon. Cut them in cubes, wrap with bacon and make kabobs out of them. I use the thick ends for that and save the thin ends to fry like fish fillets. My girlfriend is a chicken freak, so I have to get creative.[​IMG]

17. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Pound them flat, wrap a couple of spears of asparagus up in them, then wrap the outside with prosciutto (sp?), smoke for a while, then about 15 minutes before they are done put a slice of provolone cheese on top. I like to drizzle the top with a mustard cream sauce - kinda like an alfredo, but with a couple of tablespoons of dijon mustard added.

18. smokin leo

smokin leo Meat Mopper

tried this once and really enjoyed it

pound out breast placed stove top stuffing and bacon onit

rolled it up put a little italian dressing baste
    cook and eat simple and tasty

19. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

+1 on that. I get bonein breasts on sale sometime for .69 a pound and stock up. I'll brine them and fill the UDS to the max capacity and then pull them, very moist.

20. crown225

crown225 Fire Starter

thanks for all the ideas, going to try the brine and the baste recipe also

would you use kosher salt for the brine - i would think a quart of water would be enough, how much salt would you add to one quart of water

thanks again