Boneless Breasts - Stuffed, Wrapped, and Smoked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gsherwin

Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
I've been reading the forums for awhile now, learning new things all the time, so thought it was time to share something back.  This is a dish that I've done on the stove and finished in the oven alot, but after the having a smoker now for several months, thought I would give it a go.

I start off with boneless chicken breasts and cut a pouch into the inside the them.  Then stuff them with Chorizo sausage and corn bread.  The stuffing gives a spicy and sweet contrast.  That's usually where I stop when preparing this on the stove, just brown it and finish in the oven, but for the smoker I added a bacon wrap to the outside to keep the moisture in.

The goods...

9f78c2aa_IMG_20110108_123421.jpg

Chicken all stuffed...

74d94b51_IMG_20110108_125749.jpg

Chicken ready for a nice blanket of pork fat...

bec9ed25_IMG_20110108_130058.jpg

Use plastic wrap to help get the bacon wrapped around and tight.  Going into the fridge over night...

55d60182_IMG_20110108_130315.jpg

Used apple chips in my electric smoker at 230 degrees for 1.5 hours.  Pulled at 170...

43b36fa3_IMG_20110109_151719.jpg

After being foiled and resting for 40 mins (had to smoke the corn yet), sliced 3/8" thick with an electric knife...

465720d6_IMG_20110109_160653.jpg

All plated up with the smoked corn and remaining corn bread...

15fe9efe_IMG_20110109_161049.jpg

The wife always raved about this chicken, but now after making it in the smoker she is speechless.  Bacon and smoke make EVERYTHING better!

Looks very good. You should go to roll call & introduce yourself & tell us a little bit about you & your smoker.

icon_cool.gif

You will see everything here. The oter day I saw someone who did Cordin Blu and wrapped it with bacon and I thought that was so cool I made it for a church dinner tonight at our house. The wife and alot of the other hens I think that they are calling it a wedding shower now I have heard of a baby shower but no wedding. Nevermind it was an excuse to smoke something. Now you have done a even cooler chicken stuffed with Chorizo stiffing. This is even better cause I can make the chorizo and then stuff the bird. Thanks for the recipe. 

Love the choice of ingredients.  Sounds like a great flavored meal.  I may have to try that one.  Have you ever added any cheese?  I just wonder how that would be.

Congrats on a great smoke.

Looks delicious!

Thanks for sharing.

Craig

Great post and great idea. Love me some stuffed chicken

icon_cool.gif

You will see everything here. The oter day I saw someone who did Cordin Blu and wrapped it with bacon and I thought that was so cool I made it for a church dinner tonight at our house. The wife and alot of the other hens I think that they are calling it a wedding shower now I have heard of a baby shower but no wedding. Nevermind it was an excuse to smoke something. Now you have done a even cooler chicken stuffed with Chorizo stiffing. This is even better cause I can make the chorizo and then stuff the bird. Thanks for the recipe. 
This one is going on my list too Mark. I just happen to have 3 pkg of Chroizo I made in the freezer.

Thanks everyone.  I've never tried cheese inside, not a big cheese family.

My 8 year old wants to MAKE then bacon next time and use that to wrap the ckicken.  Now who can argue with that!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky