Bone In Rib Eye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jonty

Original poster
Aug 17, 2015
London, England
Hi Guys

Hope everyone is well.  Finally got settled into the new house and it seems summer may decide to start so the smoker is coming out.

I went on a butchery masterclass last night (recommended!!) and I got a big piece of bone in rib eye to bring home and cook for myself.  The meat itself is weighing 2.5kgs (with the bone) and I wanted to smoke it this weekend for when the wife gets home.

I had originally thought I would smoke it to around 120 internal temp, then finish on a high temp bbq to sear the outside and finally allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.  However I am not sure if this is the right method or how long this will take?

Additionally, does anyone have any tips or tricks with bone in rib eye?  What wood would people use?  I was planning to use a normal rub and cook it with the fat cap on top (so its standing up almost with the fat on top).  I was also thinking of using cherry wood.

Jonty

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky