Blueberry Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeguy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 23, 2008
The Pineywoods of East Texas
This is one of my favorites. I had this for lunch today, and while these are pictures of another one I did, I still make it the same way.

First was rolling out the maple flavored Jimmy Dean sausage

Next came the blueberries with a bunch in the middle and then some more spread out and gently pushed in so that at the end they'll be all in it. I added some torn up pancakes and then some by-gosh real maple syrup. Then more blueberries on top of that.

Here it is rolled up and held together with just 3 strips of bacon to hold it together and add flavor. Cutting back on the bacon a bit makes it a healthy choice.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
icon_cool.gif

Smoked it in the MES with hickory in the first stage and then switched to cherry to keep it sweet.

And the inside view.

Cut off a slice and dig in!

The blueberry pancake fatty is one of my favorites of all time. Have yet to make one but they sure make me drool when I see 'em!

That is outstanding and going on my list of to do items
Great job

Never thought of blueberries and pancakes, but why not. They go great together on a plate, why not in a fatty. Well done.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Did my first one today with problano hash browns, diced smoked ham, and colby/jack cheese. Used too much filling and thought is was going to be a disaster, but turned out pretty good. Maybe a C*. It will still work for a tailgate Sunday.

Now thats a great fattie there I don't care who you are thats a great fattie
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

It might soak up some of the grease but it's not where I can notice it. Glad you like it!

Had some more for breakfast today and now I'm kicking myself for not making two of them.
rolleyes.gif

This is my favorite combo right now, but I've made them with apples basically like an apple pie and it came out "ok". The next time I would use a more firm apple type so that it didn't turn into basically applesauce.

Thanks all for looking and the nice comments!

Thanks Smokeguy,I will have to try that.I'm doing the Canadian bacon today (a 1st.) ABT's (also a 1st.) and my second fattie. The CB has been curing for 8 days ,and that is a tough wait for sure.The fattie is some corned beef,onion ,pepperjack,sharp cheddar,parmesan.I'm going to sprinkle some Webber cracked pepper marinade on before I put the bacon weave on.Well see how that works.And the ABT's are cream cheese ,sharp cheddar cheese,shrimp scallions with a bacon topping. The ABT's sound good but have never had one ,but with all the pictures of the things ..I got to have some.I think it's time to fire up the drum.Bill

you inspired me to try this but i didnt do the blueberries this morning did pancakes and maple syrup and it was great gonna do the blueberry next weekend for breakfast

I like what you did with this. When I first saw the post title, I thought to my self that blueberry's and jalapeno jelly would be interesting. After reading the post, I would do it just as you did and maybe serve the jalapeno jelly on the side. Great job!

Thanks!

My first thought was
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
. Then it was
smile.gif
!
Then my next thought is...
icon_mrgreen.gif

Gotta' Try It! My wife and I love jalapeno jelly and have some in the fridge. The downside is that we don't have any more blueberry fatty left, and won't between now and Christmas.
icon_sad.gif

Maybe I can make it for New Years!
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

If you try it before then let me know how it comes out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky