Blizzard grill/smoken- Thighs,Red Beans n Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alx

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 4, 2009
Annapolis,Maryland
20 inches saturday and maryland is a mess as normal.

Marinated boneless/skinless thighs overnight in sherry,worsty,garlic and some grated ginger root..

Cajunsmoke13(steve) swapped some stuff with me before the exchange was rolling and this cooks theme is spicy

Got the kettle rolling and added a chunk of hickory for some bbq thighs...

Had some fall red beans from garden

Added some garden dehydrated peppers at about 1/2 teaspoon each to bean mix

Chimayo,serrano,cayene,ancho and sweet paprika

Thighs done in 20 minutes

Beans and rice have the powders,celery,green bell and onion

Let thighs rest and added the drippings to rice and munched out on some spicy stuff,which went well with the weather....

Gonna shred the rest and add to rice for lunches....Always amazes me how well the marinade and the touch of smoke flavor these things..

They Look Great Alex...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
but you forgot the MUFFIN PAN...
icon_mrgreen.gif

Wow, that all looks really amazing! Thats a pretty good job being as cold as it is there. I have my propane smoker set on its highest setting at the moment and its only around 240. I'm up here in Colorado though. I do have a couple questions for you though. Did you make the Chimayo yourself? I've never had it, nor have I seen it in any stores around here (though I haven't specifically looked for it). What would you compare the taste to? Hot or Mild? I might be able to find it at a hispanic market in Denver if you recommend it. Thanks.

Looks really great! I almost prefer to cook in the winter. My bro-n-law lives out your way, said they got 2 feet...glad its him and not me!

I truely enjoy chix thighs...been a favorite of mine since I was just a little tyke. Now, with the Tony's, after that marinade? Man!!!!!!!!!

Those look juicy, tender and delicious!

Beans & rice has got it goin' on, too!

Nice!!!!!

And after a storm, that's gotta be wicked good.........

Eric

I grow the chimayo....They are from native seeds a native american group that sells heirloom seeds.There are alot of nock-off versions of chimayo at most seed companies that probably out produce these,but for less product i get a fantastic mild chile with tons of flavor....I would check out the native seeds website-they may sell the actual powder from the chimayo area...

I have heard some is hot and some mild.....Mine is a very mild and complex tasting powder that would stand on its own,but i tend to mix 3-4 powders together that are mildish for a profile.The hotter peppers tend to overwhelm the subtleness of the flavors and i do grow ball buster hot ones if i need that...

the birds look great alex......it's nice to see someone using thighs.
although the pic into the kettle is really cool, i seem to like this one with the snow in the back ground.

i'd have to travel 3hrs and get up to 6,000 ft to see that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky