bladder tank smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tc fish bum

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
my friend just gave me a air bladder tank that he had replaced in his house. do they make a good smoker or are they to thin? its the tank that is on your house plumbing to help regulate water pressure.. looks like it would make for a nice little smoker. I want to try it but,,,,is it worth the effort.

I would cut it open and look inside. I am by no means an expert on building smokers. But I know that pressure tanks have a "bladder" that is somehow attached to the inside of the tank. I would HAVE to think that this would have to be removed. In some cases I don't think that you could remove the bladder enough to safely cook on it. Would also look into what type of metal is used and/or coated with to protect it from water corrosion. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky