Black Raspberry Glazed Chicken Breasts with Wild Rice and Almond Stuffing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beer-b-q

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 1, 2007
Here is a recipe that was emailed to me today that sounded good...

[font=&quot]Black Raspberry Glazed Chicken Breasts with Wild Rice and Almond Stuffing[/font]

[font=&quot]Ingredients:[/font]
  • [font=&quot]2 pkgs. Uncle Ben's Herb Seasoned Wild and Long Grain Rice.[/font]
  • [font=&quot]4 1/2 cups Chicken broth[/font]
  • [font=&quot]1 cup slivered almonds[/font]
  • [font=&quot]8 chicken breasts[/font]
  • [font=&quot]6 Tbsp. flour[/font]
  • [font=&quot]1/2 tsp. paprika[/font]
  • [font=&quot]1/2 tsp. salt[/font]
  • [font=&quot]1/2 tsp. garlic powder[/font]
  • [font=&quot]1/2 cup melted butter[/font]
  • [font=&quot]1/2 cup honey[/font]
  • [font=&quot]1/2 cup seedless black raspberry jam [/font]
  • [font=&quot]2 Tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate (undiluted)[/font]
  • [font=&quot]1 tsp. finely grated orange peel[/font]
[font=&quot]Directions:[/font]
  • [font=&quot]Cook Uncle Ben's Wild Rice mix according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for the water. It will take about 30 minutes.[/font]
  • [font=&quot]Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.[/font]
  • [font=&quot]Spread slivered almonds on cookie sheet and place in oven to toast.[/font]
  • [font=&quot]Place about a cup of rice in a bowl and mix with about 2 tablespoons of the slivered almonds. Put the rest of the wild rice mix aside.[/font]
  • [font=&quot]Place flour, paprika, garlic powder, and salt in a gallon size ziplock bag. Place chicken breasts in bag, 2 at a time, shake, then pound flat (I use a rolling pin).[/font]
  • [font=&quot]Place about 2 tablespoons of stuffing in the center of each chicken breast and roll up. Secure with a toothpick. Place in 9/13 inch baking pan and top with melted butter.[/font]
  • [font=&quot]Cook for 40 minutes.[/font]
  • [font=&quot]Mix jam, honey, orange juice concentrate, and orange peel in saucepan and heat until blended to make glaze. Baste chicken with glaze and continue baking and glazing until chicken is tender and highly glazed about 30 minutes - basting about every 10 minutes.[/font]
  • [font=&quot]Reheat the extra wild rice, mix with the rest of the toasted almonds and serve on the side with a vegetable[/font]
[font=&quot]Substitutions:[/font]
  • [font=&quot]I often substitute unstrained homemade blackberry jam for the seedless black raspberry jam and use Johnny's Seasoning rather than paprika, salt, and garlic powder.[/font]
  • [font=&quot]I often measure the honey and jam for the glaze in a glass measuring cup (using the side measures) then heat in microwave to save on dishes. You can leave out the orange peel if you don't have an orange handy.[/font]
[font=&quot] Servings:[/font]
  • [font=&quot]8[/font]
[font=&quot] Time:[/font]
  • [font=&quot]40 Minutes Preparation Time [/font]
  • [font=&quot] 70 Minutes Cooking Time[/font]

C'mon Bud, with that kinda title I was ready to devote some serious Dial-Up-Downtime!

No worries, Paul, sounds real good. Thanks for the post and the ideas that are springing from that as I type!

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky