Bison roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

socalbbq

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
Roseville, CA
A good friend an avid hunter gave me a bison hump roast that I want to smoke this weekend. I was going to approach like a beef roast, but thought I'd check in to see if anyone has experience with this type/cut of meat.

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk now Free

Hi SoCalBBQ!

I adore and devour a great deal of game meat, bison included, yet always grill, pan sear, or make raw tartare and carpaccio out of them - delicious stuff! (I'm new to smoking, and just a humble neophyte compared to these fantastic experts here, but WOW is it a fun group, and it is wonderful to learn, which I am doing more and more each day, thanks to their art and kindness too)!

That being said, I think your idea of handling it as you would a roast sounds really wonderful! I'd love to know how it came out. 

Happy weekend! Cheers! - Leah

Hi SoCalBBQ!

I adore and devour a great deal of game meat, bison included, yet always grill, pan sear, or make raw tartare and carpaccio out of them - delicious stuff! (I'm new to smoking, and just a humble neophyte compared to these fantastic experts here, but WOW is it a fun group, and it is wonderful to learn, which I am doing more and more each day, thanks to their art and kindness too)!

That being said, I think your idea of handling it as you would a roast sounds really wonderful! I'd love to know how it came out. 

Happy weekend! Cheers! - Leah

Leah,

Thank you for your reply. I'll give that a try and let you now how it turns out.

Best,

Greg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky