Bison chucks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Standing by for the finish....

It's kind of funny but if I had to pick my favorite cut of Bison it would be............
............ Burger! I have access to about every cut, but I just like the versatility, and the price point. It's great in meatloaf, meatballs, hamburger steak etc.
You know, I enjoy bison all around. It really is a fantastic red meat. I used to think it was a little too pricey, but given the current beef prices, bison looks more reasonable.

Those look nice , Do you have a recipe for them , when your not in the middle of cooking supper
Thanks

David
Green Chile Sausage:
5# ground pork (I usually grind half through 1/8” plate and half through 1/4” plate. This is optional)
Salt- 1.25%
Cure #1- 0.25%
Sugar- 0.75%
Black pepper- 6.5g
Paprika- 6.5g
Gran garlic- 6.5g
Onion powder- 6.5g
Cumin- 4.0g
Dry cilantro- 2.0g
Accent( msg, optional) 1/2 tsp per pound.
Roasted and peeled green chile (I use about 1/4 c. per pound, more of an eyeball thing and depends on heat level of chile.)

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky