• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bison chucks

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Some Colorado raised bison chucks. SPG seasoning, I’m-a going to kettle these with just a little mesquite and try to finish like beef at around 195* we shall see how it goes. Most likely will wrap them at some point. Great marbling but still venison.
BF013A0E-9DAF-41DF-A694-261BAB6E6B51.jpeg

tx smoker

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Those look fantastic!! Please let us know how they turn out.

Robert

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
First and only time I had bison stake was 6 years ago when I attended my nephew wedding.... I wish I had more chances to enjoy bison's stakes....

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
They have been selling Bison in my local Sobeys store. Have not had the chance yet.

I'm watching your process and finished look and your opinion
They look like fine slabs of meat

David

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Nice color and just big enough for a big hoagie roll .

Cant wait to see these plated up

David

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
Standing by for the finish....

It's kind of funny but if I had to pick my favorite cut of Bison it would be............
............ Burger! I have access to about every cut, but I just like the versatility, and the price point. It's great in meatloaf, meatballs, hamburger steak etc.

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Standing by for the finish....

It's kind of funny but if I had to pick my favorite cut of Bison it would be............
............ Burger! I have access to about every cut, but I just like the versatility, and the price point. It's great in meatloaf, meatballs, hamburger steak etc.
And chili

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Left over briquettes from the snake are piled and readied for the sear of shrimp, sausage and maybe chucks. Stand by guys.
B4BD1825-A157-45DC-AEA3-67DF083E3B0A.jpeg

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.