Birthday Smoke! - More Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meowey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 16, 2006
Northern NY (Adirondacks)
Happy Birthday Meowey! (LOL)

I am doing something that I enjoy very much. Thanks to all well wishers!

I found some more beef ribs. Two racks of beef back ribs and some short ribs. Am smoking with apple and spraying with AJ/CM mix. Rubbed with Jeff's Rib Rub. The back ribs are about the size of pork baby backs, so I'm going to do a time modified 3-2-1. I'm planning 2:40-1:40-:45 on the times. The short ribs are not going to be foiled. Will be serving with me German Potato Salad.

Rubbed and ready

bfribs1xm2.jpg

More Q-view later.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMM!!
I love beef ribs!!! Will be watchin for q-view. I tried your german potato salad recipe the other night, it was excellent!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Thanks for posting that recipe.

Right before the back ribs were foiled.

prefoiluw8.jpg

Flash

This is the first time I've seen the beef back rib racks. I guess I need to go into that particular store a little more often. (It's an 18 mile round trip - might be worth it they were only $1.99 a pound)

Regards,

Meowey

Wow!
Looking awesome Meowey!
I'm doin' a smoke today too.
I did a Fatty already.
A small pork butt.
2 small pieces of brisket from Sobey's ( a Canadian grocer)
And 2 side ribs.
So now I don't feel so jealous!
Have a Great Birthday!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Good Lord meowey, those pictures are literally torture to look at! I think Jeff should ban your ability to post pictures!
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
Excuse me, I have to go find my drool bucket. Terry

Folks,

Here are the finished pictures.

Ribs Sliced and Taunting (We dare you to eat us!!)

cutribsng1.jpg

Plated with German Potato Salad

platedzu8.jpg

Vulcan,

I like the CharGriller very much. Since I've been playing with fire for a couple weeks, I am much more confident of being able to regulate the temps of the unit. BTW, you have not looked at the pic of my tree that I took for you! (LOL)
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ead.php?t=7798

I had a good birthday! I spent the day doing things that give me great pleasure, smoking meat and cigars, feeding the family, and sharing this with all of you!

Regards,

Meowey

I see racks all the time, there just quite skimpy. Now the short/spare/boned whatever ribs you have on with your racks is what I look for. We see them around $2.25 to a low $1.69 per lb. When Winn Dixie puts them lower than $1.69, we buy them up. Were heading up to Hitchcocks tomorrow. This place is a 50 mile round trip, but they have some great deals on meats going. Country style ribs $1.18 lb, Leg quarters at $.49 cents a lb, Pork Butts .99 cents a lb, St Louis style Ribs at $2.79 a lb. Looks like it is time to stock up.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Mmmmm, beef ribs... I gotta find some around here! They are few and far between, and usually look awful when I do find them.

They look awesome Meowy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky