birthday meat soak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

annettemusick

Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the board. :)

I live in San Francisco, and I've never really smoked anything before, but I'm from Texas, and I can make a mean brisket part way in the oven and then finished on the grill. What I'm wanting to do for this weekend is something similar, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for types of meat to buy and how long to soak cook. I'm looking for interesting receipes. :)

Thanks everybody!

happy grilling!

Annette

Welcome to smf, glad you're hear, lots of great folks here to help you out. If you've done brisket that way, why not try a chuckie, or a fatty, take a look under the forums for beef, should find a lot of great ideas there, good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think was I was more looking for was a creative soak recipe....like maybe something with indian or thai green curry soak....Anyone know of a good one they've tried before? 

Welcome to SMF, there is lots of good info here for you

Can you describe what you are looking for in a little more detail and we will be happy to help you. You should spend some time going thru the threads and my sense is that you will find the answer to your question. Also sign up for the 5 day  course as it will help you with the basics

You list your post as a meat soak and most of us do not brine or soak meat - some will do a marinade but again that in not the norm - my suggestion would be for you to do a pork butt for your first smoke as it is very forgiving and mighty tasty. Depending on the size you will need to budget about 12-14 hours of time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky