birdie and peppers...............

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chefrob

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 13, 2009
az
had 2 achiote butts on the smoker for tamales and i had some leftover marinade so i figured i'd do a bird and some abt's........

bird on.........

d42c3655_IMGP1017.jpg

peppers on........ 

545e03f7_IMGP1019.jpg

bird ready for stack of tortillas and avocado sauce..........
d1b0e72b_IMGP1021.jpg

abt's ready for me............
5fd86ac3_IMGP1020.jpg

thx for stoppin' by..............  

Reactions: thunderdome
Here i am ,1:30 am, Sick as a dog and YOU'RE MAKING ME HUNGRY!!!!

LOL looks really good !

Great lookin' stuff you got there Rob!

Is that Buckboard Bacon you're using there?

Eman,

Hope you're feeling better real soon!

Bear

bear....yup, i usually use cheap bacon cuz i do a mummy wrap on the chilies but this time i put a big hunk of bbb inside with cream chz and top it with a hunk of oaxaca chz (kinda like mexican mozz) and just drapped some more buckie........gotta do it this way more often!

eman.......iffin' ya had a head cold, some of those chilis would come in handy.......hot enough to clear yer noze. iffin' it is the other side ya might want to stay clear
icon_eek.gif
...either way, get better soon!

That chicken looks awesome, what kind of rub did you use?  I'm also interested in the achote rub you used on your pork butt for the tamales.
i use a brick of achiote paste, onion, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, and just enough water to puree in the blender.

You're killing me Rob. Great to see someone using an old spice like Achiote paste in a new world way.Also, congrats on a great choice of chile (peppers) you used on your ABT's, definitely a wake-up call. It's all good my friend.

Great looking bird. May have to try the achiote marinade if I can find it in my grocery store. By chance does Wal-Mart carry this paste?

Last edited:
doubt it, but try any mexican or latin market.............

icon_cool.gif

Great Job there Chef, as always we are shown yet another great meal from you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky