Big time bummer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cheech

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 19, 2005
Beautiful Grand Rapids Michigan
Had a bag of frozen goose breast slide down and open my freezer door with out me knowing it and basically wasting close to 300# of smoked and raw meat!

Makes me sick!

I know how you feel, happened to me two years ago.
icon_frown.gif

I don't blame you, Cheech. Really sorry to hear about this. How long do you think it was? Was anything salvagable?

Skip

if your freezer goes out........and you lose say like 500 werth of meat.....your home owners will pick up some of it.......btdt

d88de

we don't have homeowner's per se but i do keep 6-8 gallons of frozen water jugs in my freezer- i'll pass the freezer before all that melts(man's gotta have coffee,beer,or food ever so often)- but thanx for the tip wd.course all my meat is in a chest freezer

another trick i learned- being off boats.. is when the kids were little & say.. go get choc pudding for breakfast if i wasn't up and bringing it into the bed...(whole nuther story) - i installed cheap hook latches on all the freezers & fridges. being on a boat forever i'm used to latching the doors anyway.

That's why Grandma always had a latch screwed to the freezer door... that and to keep Granpa outta the goodies I think LOL.

A good tip tho, just a cheap hasp'll do fine.

Sorry for your loss...dayumm...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky