big super bowl sunday smoke (relatively speaking)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bizzymedic10

Original poster
Jan 30, 2015
so....

very new to this as this will be my first real smoke with this smoker and in general. i have a 6.5 lbs boston butt, a rack of baby back ribs, a whole chicken and a couple dozen wings.

i brinded the butt over night in a salt and sugar mix, dried this morning and rubbed with i hate to say a commercial rub, just want this to turn out well and was a little sleepy eyed this morning. i also did rub the butt down with mustard prior to rubbing with the dry rub.

Smoker is going now with some hickory chunks, chips, and apple wood chips now. just waiting to get to temp.

The chicken and wings have been marinating in buttermilk and poultry seasoning all night

Ribs got rubbed last night and will get rubbed again before going on

Oh and im using a Smoke Hollow PS4400 and ill post pictures of the others late

Open to any questions or comments

Thanks guys and smoke on

here is where im at....5 hours in at around 225, a little difficult to maintain temp, getting use to this smoker. instant read thermometer just read 137, ive bumped the temp to 250-275. i did have a continuous thermometer but i think its messed up because it keeps reading HI. its a crappy master forge i bought from lowes. any recommendations for a thermometer.

planning on putting the ribs on in another couple hours along with the whole chicken, plan on cooking those at the above temp for 1.5-2 hours. wings will go on last for maybe 45 min to an hour. do these times seem about right.

Thanks

here is where im at....5 hours in at around 225, a little difficult to maintain temp, getting use to this smoker. instant read thermometer just read 137, ive bumped the temp to 250-275. i did have a continuous thermometer but i think its messed up because it keeps reading HI. its a crappy master forge i bought from lowes. any recommendations for a thermometer.

planning on putting the ribs on in another couple hours along with the whole chicken, plan on cooking those at the above temp for 1.5-2 hours. wings will go on last for maybe 45 min to an hour. do these times seem about right.

Thanks
It looks good so far. For racks of ribs you need 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 for BB. You need to smoke the chicken to 165° in the breast.

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky