Big Chief's Cheesy Inaugural

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great color you got on your cheese. Swiss is my second favorite, after Cream cheese.

I use Traeger pellets almost exculsively. No complaint's, or worries, so far. I've smoked a lot of cheese, butter, nuts, pasta and bacon with them.

Great color you got on your cheese. Swiss is my second favorite, after Cream cheese.

I use Traeger pellets almost exculsively. No complaint's, or worries, so far. I've smoked a lot of cheese, butter, nuts, pasta and bacon with them.

Thanks for the compliment. . . . I learned a while back that there is such a thing as too much smoke. Two hours is plenty enough for my tastes.

Regarding pellets and their composition. I think we have a tendency to overthink things. I have been happy with just about all the pellets I have tried.

John

When using a AMNTS, which was originally designed to work with a propane smoker, if you want to reduce the amount of smoke, fill the AMNTS half way full. Lay it horizontally and shake it vigorousily left to right. You will end up with a tube half way filled. Give it a try.

I cut a lot of my big cheese blocks into cracker size blocks... then it slices and plops right on the crackers... I also wrap any cheese going into the vac-bags in plastic wrap first... keeps the bags clean for re-vacing and saving the left over for later..

I cut a lot of my big cheese blocks into cracker size blocks... then it slices and plops right on the crackers... I also wrap any cheese going into the vac-bags in plastic wrap first... keeps the bags clean for re-vacing and saving the left over for later..

:confused: I wish you would have divulged that little nugget a while back.

I did discover on my own wrapping my strip jerky in a piece of paper towel to avoid having sharp points poking holes in the vacuum bag. And I've taken morsels in small baggies and vacuum packaged them bag and all.
But I was yet to rise to the upper intelligence level of wrapping cheeses to save the bags for additional uses. :oops:
Hopefully I'll remember next time. ;)

When using a AMNTS, which was originally designed to work with a propane smoker, if you want to reduce the amount of smoke, fill the AMNTS half way full. Lay it horizontally and shake it vigorousily left to right. You will end up with a tube half way filled. Give it a try.

I used to try that, and it never worked for me.
Maybe my Pellets are drier than most.
My AMNPS works perfectly all the time, so I put the Tubes away.

Bear

Reactions: SonnyE
Cheese looks great nice color!

I did a big batch a couple weeks ago 3 hours with apple pellets and couldn't wait anymore so I busted open a block of cheddar yesterday. Still a strong smoke flavor but it was great! Put a slice on my smoked chucky sandwich last night.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky