Big butt party

Discussion in 'Pork' started by smokebuzz, May 3, 2008.

1. smokebuzz

smokebuzz Master of the Pit OTBS Member

A freind got me to smoke some butts for his wedden reception, been with her long enuff so it's gonna be a hel l ova party. Got 8 butts on now, and another freind is going to do some more pork parts tommarow. more qveiw to come, i'm dealen with dial up and forin photo resizeing soft wear, photo bucket will be my next project.
    [​IMG]

2. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looking good, smokebuzz! Can't wait to see the outcome. Photobucket is very easy to use or I could never post a pic.[​IMG]

3. daboys

daboys Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey smokebuzz, hope you had a good windbreak. It's been howling all night up here.

4. bustedluckbarbq

bustedluckbarbq Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thats a pretty big spread ya got goin'!! Lookin good!!!

5. earache_my_eye

earache_my_eye Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks like you got your work cut out for ya!! Hope everything goes well for you, and post some finish pics for us to drool over! [​IMG]

L8r,
    Eric

6. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hey buzz: them there piggy hineys is lookin good already! got a fair mount work head of ya fer the day! Lucky friends havin sombuddy like you to make there weddin day special with fine vittles! Good luck and great smoke friend!

Oh, and photo bucket is an easy! Couple pictures and yer gonna have er down pat!

7. smokebuzz

Here is the rest of the pics.Things turn out great, put 68#'s of (8) butts on at 11pm fri. nite, started pulling them off and in to a cooler at 11:15am sat, last one came off at 3 and we had them pulled ,into roaster pans and at the party at 5:00. Started with 45# of meat in the roasters and came home with about 14#, and there was 40? people, do the math on that one, i think they liked it. Just glad the 75 that was invited didn't all show, might have got ugly. I know Mike had the best wedding recption he could imagine,or at least food wise. His mom made the tater salad and pasta salads, they were great.

Just a little side note on how i got sucked into doing this. Mike called wed. nite to make sure i was coming( its 90 miles), and told me he and another freind was going to cook all the meat, he gives me the details of how our other freind was going to cook them, I $HIT, he was going to run 2 batches,4 each, for 4 hours. so i told him i would drag my smoker down and do them all at once,correctly, so i did. We still give the other freind 3 little butts at about 3# each, (dont ask on the size,it was 1 butt sliced into 3) and he did them in 3 hours, i now know what shoe leather tastes like, he used no rub or mop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

SB - looks like it was a successful smoke, congrats to the bride and groom!! [​IMG]

9. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Man that looks good....

Way to go smokebuzz.[​IMG]

Can't imagine what the 3 hour butts were like! Good thing you were in charge of the rest of the meat!

10. earache_my_eye

earache_my_eye Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

KEWL BEANS MAN!!.......looks like you saved the day!!.....or at least the meal.....heh. Looks pretty tasty, bud!....[​IMG]

L8r,
    Eric

11. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

LOLOLOLOL............buzz.........i wondered how them lil 3 lbers was going to turn out...............LMAO

other than that............LOOLKING good buddy............points for you for coming thru for your buddy, but draggin your horz. smoker down that far

12. smokebuzz

The other smoker would not hold all 8 of them, had to take mine, and besides I know how mine runs

13. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Buzz,

That's What Friends Do For Each Other. You Knew He Needed Ya. You Made His Party A Success And That's What Life Is. Nice Job.

14. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Great save I'm sure your friend was thrilled not having to eat shoe leather [​IMG]

15. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Here is a bid ole at'ta boy with points !!!

16. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Aaahhh, buzz, we'll move ya one step further up the windin staircase ta heaven fer bein such a swell guy! Yer buddy really appreciates ya savin the day I'm sure. Sounds like yall had fine eats there!

17. bertjo44

bertjo44 Smoking Fanatic

Looks great, I had been waiting for you to post the address. [​IMG]

18. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Why does "disco" keep coming to mind when I see the title to this post? Baby got Back!?!