Big brisket smoke this weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jspryor

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Omaha, NE
I picked up a case of packer briskets (6 of them) from Sam's Club tonight and also mixed up a 3x batch of Jeff's rub.  Smoking all the meet on Saturday for my uncle's fly-tying expo next weekend. 

Planning to smoke until ~150 and then foil and cook until 200-205.

This is the first time I have done pulled brisket.  I have done more than this in pork but never brisket so kind of nervous!!!

I will try to provide Q-view along the way.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Good luck with the brisket. I personally would take it to 160 - 165 before foiling

I agree with scar, foil at 165. I also prefer my brisket sliced across the grain instead of pulled, since they are packers you could pull the point & slice the flat, that way people would have a choice.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky