Better Camp Chef thermocouple?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BaldEagleOne

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 10, 2018
I just got a CC Woodwind and compared meat temperatures between its thermocouple, a digital thermometer and my Smoke which I know is pretty close to accurate and agrees with the digital. The tips of the digital and Smoke are 3/32 while the CC is 7/32. Is there a thermocouple with a thinner tip that's compatible with the CC controller? .Any other ideas? I'd prefer not to be watching several apps, but will do so to get proper temp reporting. Any help would be appreciated.

I am not quite sure I understand your question but I will attempt to answer.

Thermocouple probes can go bad but often bad regulation is due to the design of the control circuit.

Do you know the type of sensor your unit uses? Is it a type-k or otherwise?

You can get replacement sensors here at reasonable prices if you know what you are looking for.

aliexpress.com

JC :emoji_cat:

I've never been able to use a different probe in my camp chef, I've tried many different ones but no luck. They either don't register at all or are way off. Mine is really thick also, I do like a nice slender probes but I think you may be stuck. Not to say there isn't one out there, I've been searching for 5 years and no luck. If you do find one I'm all ears😉

Corey

JC, I can't answer your questions. And Corey, I talked to CC and found that other thermocouples are not compatible with the CC controller.

JC, I can't answer your questions. And Corey, I talked to CC and found that other thermocouples are not compatible with the CC controller.

It is likely a resistive thermistor then. If you can measure the value of a good on at 25 C, you can figure out what type you have.

I hate that cloak and dagger proprietary crap... >_<

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky