• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Best way to re-heat pork belly burnt ends

schlotz

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 13, 2015
Got some left over from the party which I put in a bag and into the fridge. What's the best way to re-heat these? OR is that a bit problematic at this point?

wbf610

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 23, 2016
Bag as in zip lock? Or vacuum packed? Either way, throw the bag into a pot of simmering (not boiling) water until they are back to the temp you want. That’s what i do for frozen leftovers, pulled pork and brisket. Tastes just like it did the day it was cooked.

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Foiled into the oven at 200* until warmed through, simmering water as mentioned above or Sv if you have one. Or if in a hurry, in the plastic bag cracked open and placed in microwave at 50% power for 1 minute intervals flipping each time until warm works ok in a pinch.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Not gonna lie , I go straight convenience in the microwave. Pretty hard to dry out that delicious fatty belly.

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Left over Burnt ends , never heard of this before .....lol

They have you covered above, sorry could not resist

David

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.