Belly Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lcruzen

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 16, 2007
Hell, Michigan
Been feeling a little under the weather the last few days so I'm just getting around to posting these. I did a wet cure with molasses, brown sugar, sallt pepper and paprika. Cured for about a week. Here are the slabs ready for the smoker.

I let them dry in the smoker at about 100o with no smoke for about 2 hours. I then bumped up the temp to about 135o with maple and apple smoke for about 6 hours then 165o until they hit 153o. Total of about a 12 hour smoke.

I also threw in an assortment of peppers to smoke roast. I'll dry these out and grind to add to my rub.

Let the bacon chill overnite in the fridge and sliced.

Prolly got about 6lbs of finished product for the freezer.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
  Very nice Icruzen!    I will have to make some bacon soon. 

icon_cool.gif

Man oh Man that looks like some really awesome bellie bacon there Icruzen. Doesn't the bacon we make here seem like it is alot leaner then the stuff you get in the stores........Or is it me. But I can't wait to make some more for me and the wife.

Icruzen, that is some great looking bacon you have there and I should know; having to slice several lifetimes worth of bacon in my younger days (part of the joy when Dad ran not one but TWO commercial smokehouses).

Can you post up a "How you did it" thread? If you can, we'll WIKI it. 

Icruzen, that is some great looking bacon you have there and I should know; having to slice several lifetimes worth of bacon in my younger days (part of the joy when Dad ran not one but TWO commercial smokehouses).

Can you post up a "How you did it" thread? If you can, we'll WIKI it. 
Is that a more detailed post or is it supposed to go somewhere in particular? I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed you know!

77228c27_hmbcn.jpg

Ditto with me too, Dutch.. I bet I could still shingle out a pound of bacon at any thickness in my sleep within a ½ oz, lol!  Every single pound was sliced to each customer's specification; the only reprieve as if someone came in to get a chunk, usually with the rind on, but then you had to determine the weight before cutting it!  ... you couldn't win, lol!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Last edited:
Is that a more detailed post or is it supposed to go somewhere in particular? I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed you know!

Yeah Lou, If you can give more detail with such thing as measurements and such.  If you want you could edit your original post here and make it more detailed.  We then can make it into a WIKI which can be accessed by clicking on the Wiki button at the top of the page.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky