bellies or butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
OK, I'm not a butcher, is the bacon you get in the store, like Oscar Meyer, is that pork belly or butt? And when we say pork belly, is it actually stomach meat? My mom said she grew up eating suffed pig stomach and the like and I thoguht that always sounded gross, but if all the bacon I've eaten has been pig stomach, well then pass me the hamburger and rice! If I'm way of kilter here, please don't laugh :lol:

I'm thinking it might be easier to get some think cut bacon and just put some extra smoke on it in the smoker.

Pork bellies or side meat which is your bacon comes from the outside of the ribs and the area past the ribs back toward the hams.Rest easy knowing your not eating guts.

Shellbellc -

Don't confuse the pork belly meat with a stomach or stomach lining. It's more like that slab of meat hanging over you belt ... no what I mean?

Had me going there for a minute, don't know why I should've been scared though, I eat scrapple and the like. The only thing they say is missing from scrapple is the oink!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky