belgian Cote a los

Discussion in 'Grilling Beef' started by treegje, Jan 30, 2010.

1. treegje

treegje Master of the Pit

Cote a los

(this is how we call this cut of beef here) what do you call it?

Ingredients
    Cote a lose
    Olive oil
    Oregano
    Pepper from the mill

Cover the cote a los with olive oil and sprinkle generously with oregano.
    And a considerable turn of the peppermill.

Grill him to taste and cook nature.

2. azrocker

azrocker Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Lookin good!
    [​IMG]

3. danmcg

danmcg Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Look's good Greet, what part of the cow does it come from? nice lookin tater's too. Whats the sauce with the steak? It looks interesting

4. hoser

hoser Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Kinda looks liken a chuck roast to me, but

I sure wouldn't bet on it.[​IMG]

5. treegje

6. gene111

gene111 Smoking Fanatic

not sure but looks good!!!

7. treegje

1 tablespoon oil
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]1-1/2 tablespoons chopped onion[/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]1 tablespoon crushed garlic[/font]

[font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]3 /4 cup chicken broth [/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]3 /4 cup white wine vinegar[/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]800 g peeled tomatoes or 3 /4 liter pureed tomatoes [/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]1 cup brown sugar (tamped)[/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce [/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]2 tablespoons soy sauce[/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]5 tablespoons honey [/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce[/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]3 teaspoons salt [/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]2 teaspoons mustard [/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]2 teaspoons cayenne pepper or chili [/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper [/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]1 large shot glass Bourbon Whiskey (or other)[/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]
    [font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]Fry the onions and garlic in the oil, use a deep saucepan or frying pan[/font]

[font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]Mix the remaining ingredients and pour it to the onions and oil. Bring it hard to boil and stir for 5 minutes significantly[/font]

[font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]Put on a back burner, add the bourbon and let simmer at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The best results are achieved when you can let the sauce one night stand. [/font]

[font=Monotype Corsiva, Lucida Handwriting, Apple Chancery, Brush Script MT, Cursive]Is both hot and cold delicious[/font]

also be seen on http://geert-staes.be/index.html

8. morkdach

morkdach Master of the Pit OTBS Member

we call it part of the cow.
    " " " yum.
    " " " Wow [​IMG]

9. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Well that looks and sounds awesome there geert. I like the vegis you served with it I can see the zuccui and is that also egg plant?? The meat came out wonderfully and I like the whole plate. Yiou did a great job. [​IMG]For sure.
    PS. thanks for putting your website in english for us.

10. treegje

I do my best,gladly I can help my overseas BBQ / Smoker friends.
    I've learned so much from you all [​IMG]
    and have still learn much

11. justpassingthru

justpassingthru Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Geert,

I know this is a little late, maybe what you have is a cote de bœuf, which is a rib eye steak, they can be boneless or have a bone, did it have a rib bone on one side?

Gene

12. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    that's what i was thinking........

13. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

looking at the picture from the link it looks like a ribeye to me... if it is, one of my favorite steaks!!![​IMG]