Behold the Chinese Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
Well I was sitting around trying to come up with a good new fatty idea and I got to thinking I love Chinese food why don't I put that in a fatty. Well off to the local chinese buffet for two to go boxes and ta dah you have a chinese fatty.

My favorite the honey chicken.

Pepper chicken.

I can't remember what this is called but it is beef sliced with onion and some kick to it.

All rolled and ready to go. I forgot to get a pic with bacon on it.

All done just resting a bit.

All sliced.

A close up of two of them.

The other two close up.

I loved them but next time I would make them with less rice. If you don't cut a big piece they just want to fall apart. I also served them with some sweet and sour sauce on the side. I tried cooking them hotter than normal (275) and they were done in two hours. Thanks for looking.

Very nice - can you picture what we'd all look like if we ate like that every day?
points.gif
for creativity.

Good god man! I just drooled all over my keyboard and monitor... Those are the most amazing fatties I have seen to date. I'm definitely going to have to try this. I love Chinese food so wrapping it with sausage and bacon is nothing short of euphoria!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
points.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
points.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

really nice, I used to think ABT's were a blank canvas for what you could put in them, but I now think Fatties have no bounds.

great creativity.
points.gif

I agree the possibilities are endless to what you can fill these things with. I have a few other ideas up my sleeve as well. I can't wait to make them.

did you use sausage or ground pork.............i have a great filling for potstickers that would be good for that. great idea!!!!

I used a mix of Pork sausage and our venison burger. I normally mix pork sausage with our venison sausage so I get more fatty and don't have to buy so much pork sausage. The venison burger is so lean that it needs some fat from the pork sausage to make is stick together.

I have always known that a fattie slate was an open canvas for painting. Now you have painted quite a differant picture with all 4 of those fatties.
points.gif
Really are required for the createtivty for sure.

These were the first fatty's I have done on my UDS and it was a real experience. With all that bacon fat dripping onto the lump wood it makes for a big flame when you open the lid. As soon as I opened the lid I had flames shooting all the way out of the top of the drum. I noticed today that I singed a bunch of my hair on my head. hahaha Oh well they were good and worth it.

Very nice! What a great idea with the Chinese food. I am thinking a Kung Pao Chicken or beef fatty sounds real good about now

points.gif
for thinking out of the box!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky