I have wanted one of these since the first time I saw one on the site. I asked my buddy at work how difficult he thought it would be to make and he said "piece of cake". So..... I got the 55 gallon drum to start. Brand new, no liner. Got the holes drilled up, and my friend Martin rolled a piece of steel and welded it to the top of the drum. The lid was removed and used to cut the ash pan out of it with the plasma cutter. Next the charcoal basket was made using expanded metal and the charcoal grate from a 22.5" webber. Bolt welded to the ash pan. Added two 22.5" cooking grates. Drilled the holes and installed 2 analog therms, and one digital Taylor probe.Also put the 2 inch black steel nipples/caps, and one 3/4 " ball valve. Used my buddy's Webber lid for a photo opp as I did not have a lid at this point in the build. Got it back to my place and burned her out.... The morning after, and ohh ya...I got my lid. I used a 55 gallon drum lid used for pumping stuff out of the drums so it came with a threaded 2" bunghole. Painted with a flat black high heat paint. My buddy also fabricated a stack complete with a heavy duty steel damper out of a 2X6" black steel nipple. All seasoned and ready to do damage. Behold the Black Beauty. Thanks for the sweet UDS Martin!!!