before the rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hard to say. It sounds good but, with the natural sugar content, the honey may carmalize. You don't really want carmel ribs, I guess.

i would use the honey in the finishing stages as a glaze. if you use it during the whole process you will likely end up with a burnt carbon crust that would ruin any chance of being edible

getthenet:

I use honey in my injection solution for frying turkey's. It will turn very dark during the cooking process. With the turkey, it comes up under the skin and we simply peel the skin off leaving the juiceist turkey ever, works fine for that (unless you like the skin). So, I think it would do the same for ribs, but because you have no skin to peel, will leave a hard covering on your ribs, I would put honey on as a glaze the last few minutes of cooking. Just my experience. Good luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky