beercanchix w/qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lookin great so far!!
Love your barn.
cool.gif

OK,company came and bird 1 flew the coop but got this one before they got it...

...brined em for 6 hours and did a simple brown sugar and cinnamon rub with apple cider in the can for 1 and a lemon pepper rub with lemon juice in the can for the 2nd one.used cherry for the smoking and wow!
For sure a fan of brining now!
Thanx for looking and in the future will do a few pix on the farm.It was a working dairy up until 4 years ago now just hay.

You said that you brined the chix first.. what exactly did you brine them in? Was it just a salt water solution or what? I have nver used the brining method , was just curious..

1 gal water,i cup of kosher salt,lemon juce,pepper,garlic for 6 hours....you wont be sorry

Ya makin me miss my birds. Couple years ago we had a nice flock oh hens and ond old BA roosetr. Moved into the fancy neighboorhood and had to find new famalies fer them, I sure do miss getting the eggs from the hen house each day, Lef me see I can get apic on here before I become toast. Little whiskey and ambeince and my fingers are not going where I want,, Here is one of out Rooster,
This be SPIKE.

The Ladies

Me with another female and I cant remember her name!!!

That is a good recipe.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

hey motorhedd- i like that charcoal basket. kinda in the market for one, and we have the same smoker. u buy it somewhere or make it yerself?

I have used a really similar brine on chicken parts with great success, how ever, I never brine my birds simply cause we have been real happy with beercan style results, but tomorrow, I am gonna do 4 beerbuttbirds with your brine!!!

Looks great:-)

Thanx Steve,I was surprised at the results.Had been doing alot of reading on it and took the plunge!BTW did I mention I was jealous of yer pile of "mystery" wood LOL
Lemme know how yer chix come out!PS The lemon juice is 1 cup...fergot to mention that

Thanks:-) If somebody just tells me what that wood is, I'd believe em--LOL

1 cup of LJ-got it!

STEVE

Looks great MH. I'm going to try brining the bird next time. Just a suggestion for you, next time plug the hole on top of the bird with a potato, onion, jalapeno or something to keep the steam inside the bird.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky