Beer can chicken w/ a Pomegranate Cherry Brine

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by wutang, Jun 29, 2009.

1. wutang

wutang Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Did another beer can chicken. Used my regular brine but used pomegranate/cherry juice instead of about 1/4 of the water and used about 2 cups of cherries in the brine.

The bird in the brine

Brined overnight. Pulled out and rinsed. You can see where the bird was up against the bag and where the cherries were up against the skin

Hit the bird with some rub. What better beer to use for a cherry/pomegranate brine than Cherry Wheat.

Bird is all done. After about an hour I sprayed it with some of the pomegranate/cherry juice and moved it to the lower rack in the UDS. Sprayed it a couple more times before it was done.

Definately moist and juicy. I would use this brine again.

2. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice! [​IMG] Sounds and looks delicious.

3. rickw

rickw Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Impressive, nice job. I used pomegranate cherry juice with Captain Morgans on some pp, a chuckie and some ribs. I thought I was the only one.

4. forluvofsmoke

forluvofsmoke Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hmm........that does sound really good, and it looks even better. OK, let's see here, to Omaha from my house is about...oh heck, I'll never make it back in time for work in the morning! I guess I'll just have to do a brine to find out.

Nice smoke!

Eric

5. rivet

rivet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very nice job there. Love the cherry idea, gotta to try that. Beautiful looking bird![​IMG]