Beer Can Chicken Nothing Special with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
It was just your usual beer can chicken.

Used the one on the left, 4.23# @ .59 a pound.

I used a mixture of Yoshida's,

for BBQBUBBA
biggrin.gif
some KC Masterpiece granulated garlic and brown sugar.

Half way through at 275' with hickory and mesquite.

I took it out at 170' at the thigh.

I didn't get a plated pic because I just dove in on a quarter.

Looks great,Ron. Like the price on yur chicken. They are real proud of them up here. I looked at some yesterday for .99 a pound.

Don't know how I missed this one Ron, but ya got a real nice lookin birdie there!!

Ron, I like the browning on the skin. Looks like you got a good buy at that price. Thanks for sharing the Q View.

Thanks for posting with pictures b/c that helps a lot. I have some questions b/c I would like to do a couple of beer can chickens next.

1st. Did you brine the chicken?
2nd. If you did brine, what did you use?
3rd. You said you used garlic, brown sugar and a marinade. Did you mix all these and rub them in or did you do it differently?
4th. After you rubbed it down did you add anything to the beer?
5th. I have what y'all call a ECB. Can I remove the water pan and just use the beer can to keep juices in or will the beer evaporate before it's done?

Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky