Beer Can Chicken, ABT's and a Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fireproofinc

Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Had my first 'successful' 'smoke' today. I say 'smoke' because it wasn't as much of a smoke as a cook because of heat that was off the charts.

I did the mods to the EBC Gourmet to include firepan holes, a damper on the bottom hole and a vent of sorts in the lid. Worked pretty good. I think that I'm just impatient with the lump and I put it in too soon and it gets nearly as hot as hell! So needless to say, the beer can chicken got done much faster than low and slow would have allowed it to.

I put some soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and garlic in the beer. Coors Light in case anyone is keeping track. If only the made Sam Adams in a can. Coated the outside with Olive Oil spray, put on a chicken rub of softs. Threw some veggies in the pan and threw her on!

ABTs have cream cheese, monterrey jack along with some other stuff I found in a someone's mixture on here. Wrapped in bacon, of course. Even without the seeds and such they pack a nice punch. I love em! My wife's sister grilled some a couple years ago and they were wussy...these things rock!

Fatty has monterrey jack, garlic and Italian seasoning. The sausage itself is a sage sausage..if you can get it, I highly recommend it!

My internet connection isn't great...So I'll give a link to my album of meats.

Nice looking grub, I'm sure everyone enjoyed it.

Excellent! The best thing about this is that it gets better and better. For me its all been good but with the help of this forum the Q has gone from good to great. Keep on smokin!
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky