Beer can burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hillbillyrkstr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 11, 2013
I had some buddies over this past weekend to hang around the ranch and drink some beer. Weather was junk so we ended up in the house. I needed to feed these guys so I decided to try something different. I’ve wanted to try these for a while and with these guys being large men and big eaters I figured now was the time!

4D3AE2E7-89E4-49D8-B2BB-B1C43E3806CD.jpeg

Weber loaded with some regular burgers and six beer can burgers. Of course the amazn tube is lit.

BF4EE284-A434-40A7-9C7E-6FD3F86C7D31.jpeg

I fried some eggs on the tailgate grill and topped four of the beer can burgers at the end of the cook.

85922396-F205-4988-A276-505A64D8ACC4.jpeg

This is a large burger! 3/4 of a pound wrapped on two slices of bacon, with a fried egg on top! Perfect gooey yolk running down the burger!

318A6518-441B-4925-ACC6-98857A6C0333.jpeg

The first four were stuffed with pickled jalapeños I made from last years garden, salami, and smoked cheddar I did last year. Also topped with two pieces of cheddar/jack slices.

010A6816-9537-4FCC-9F48-C8DDAD523CA3.jpeg

Cut in half shot! These pics are good but they don’t do these great burgers Justice!

C396650E-941C-4D4F-ABC6-69E5CEDE4BD0.jpeg

Here’s the only shot I got of the other two burgers. I was busy eating. I made two burgers for a few buddies who are big mushroom fans. Stuffed as full as I could with mushrooms,
A little smoked cheddar, and topped with multiple pieces of Swiss cheese.

I should have taken some more pics.... it’s hard cause these burgers were messy. Overall my friends loved them and raves about them until 4am when the party started to break up. One friend on the couch, one in the guest bedroom, and three more actually braved the icy roads and made the trip home.

Next morning there were six shot glasses, and an empty bottle of bird dog whiskey on a sticky kitchen counter, and dozens of beer cans. Not to mention a upset wife.... :) weathers fault! Party was meant for the barn! Should have taken pics of the mess!

Hope y’all enjoyed this thread! Thanks for looking.

Scott

Holy hamburger Scott!
I have been wanting to make those forever!
It's cool here today & I think I know what we are having for dinner!
Awesome burger & congrats on getting a spin on the carousel!!
Al

Thanks al!

It’s been a few years since I first saw them and I forgot about them until someone on the site just made tbem a few weeks ago. It got them stuck in my head again!

Great burgers! I cooked them on the gas Weber with only one burner going and keeping it about 275-300. And of course the amazn tube lit.

Good luck with your burgers tonight! Take pics!

Scott

Thanks chop! Nice to try new stuff and get outta your wheelhouse a bit.

Scott

Inda,

Lol! Yes sir no beer or beer cans in them. You crush the 3/4 pound hamburger ball right down the center with a beer can and form the outside walls around the can. Then you wrap bacon around the outside and remove the can and it more or less makes a perfect bowl to stuff with whatever you want.

I should have taken a pic of the process. Plenty of videos online of people doing it if your interested. Just google beer can burger and I’m sure a ton of threads will pop up.

Overall they are great but when it’s all said and done your eating a burger that’s almost a pound. Need big eaters!

Scott

Reactions: ghoster
Give the a try inda. Kinda like fattie in the fact the possibilities are endless

Man those burgers look awesome! Did the bacon crisp up pretty good on the outside?

I know the look your wife gave you...I get the same one when my wife makes it out to the garage and there are beer cans everywhere after a few days :D

That’s a great question Vol. I only had thick cut bacon to use which isn’t the right kind and anyone who’s ever tried to use it to roll a fattie knows this. But I worked with what I had and in the end when the burgers were where I wanted them to be temp wise the bacon was still needing some attention. So it for the torch treatment. Crisped it up real good!

I’m assuming regular thin bacon would work far better.

Under list of talents/skills on my resume
It clearly lists that I’m an expert and upsetting my wife. In fact I’m not sure anyone is better at it than I am! Lol!

Scott

Far better than the weather rings. Those burgers took an hour to cook and we were outside for all of it. I just had a hoody on and was ok but a few of my buddies were definitely not thrilled with the weather. Lol!

I don’t like the cold/rain/sleet/snow unless I’m shooting soemthing. After hunting seasons are over I’m a 70 degree and sunny kinda guy.

Scott

Thanks bear!

Stay in that den brother! Send an sos if you need us to dig you out!

Give a variation of these burgers a try you’ll love them!

Scott

Those burgers are topnotch. I agree thin to regular bacon is the way to go.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky