Been slacking on Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richtee

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 12, 2007
N. Oakland County, MI
Felt a little guilty..and just to prove it DID happen hehe..

Got done with work early...was home at 11 prepping spares. R'sR with a mustard base... yes the second place ribs from Eagle :{) Ah well... LOL

Anyway here's the shot at first mop.

I took the skirt meat and de'gristled the tips... rubbed, filled with string cheese and sinched 'er up with cotton string ... the rest is the hunks of backbone/etc. I like to toss these in a pot of kraut with a beer...yummy! And I guess the other is basically a non-ground fatty?

Mop is Bourbon <DUH!> cider vinegar, Smitty's, CBP, a bit of brown sugar and butter.

Heh... I accept the broadside salvo and shall not return fire... ;{) Hey I said I felt guilty!
And with the right light..that cam phone ain't too bad eh?

Ya I too was wondering the same thing Ken,with all the talk was always wearing my boots reading his posts.hehe-and your recipe is a winner!well 2nd place.

Rich, Exactly how much Bourbon will actually end up in the mop? Nice weekend headstart you have going.
I am going by CostCo on way home. I did see ad's for Spare's @ $.99/lb at Meijer and baby backs @ $2.99/lb at Busch's. (not much of a deal)

Looks yummy, Rich. Great way to spend a Friday when you're done with work early.

When do we get some Qview of the Beast in action?
icon_smile.gif

Dave

LOL! Love your sig line... BTW if some of you are still firearm impared don't pick up a cop that hangs at the donut shops...

Did I do that??

I thought for a minute at Kroger's this morning about Tennesee Whiskey - it can't be bourbon after the charcoal filtering
biggrin.gif
but figured I might not make it to the end!

Good looking smoke!

Couple hours in...a little pullback just starting. Man..this charcoal basket is the cat's behind! Been at 230° with a load of COWBOY for 2 hours! All apple BTW, and OMG does it smell good!

great looking stuff.. I would have sworn you had an eighteen wheeler smoker. but thatildo....I am interested in your bourbon what evers. that is what i love to use and am still trying to come up with a sauce,mop, baste any thing that is better then what I am using now.seems every time is a new recipe for me.

I wish TH would spill the beans on his BEPs...
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif

Coyote... I use about .5 cup James B. Beam, 1 cup cider vinegar, 3 Tbsp butter, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 Tbsp Smitty's OR crushed red pepper flakes and 1 Tbsp Kosher. Sometimes I mix it up and add some rosemary & celery <poultry>, or rosemary and savory <beef>. But the one above will work for everything.

Thanks richtee..sounds great, and when I get home I will try her out..

Th...lol. am shocked you did not know what BEPs was after the great QVIEW you gave us on the black eyed peas, and said you should post the recipe. I was lookin for it..I have thought about that photo often. just looked good. you must use bourbon in a lot of things also..lol..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky