Been reading finally joined.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

riddlerls1

Original poster
Jul 23, 2016
I bought a masterbuilt electric smoker from cabelas a few months ago. LOVE it. I don't get to smoke as much as I would like but I really enjoy it. So far I have smoked ribs a couple times, a double smoked spiral ham (Jeff's recipe), and burgers and hot dogs a few times. I plan on smoking some skinless chicken breasts for the wife tomorrow and quarters next weekend. Great forum and great info on here.

New smoker but seasoned cook and BBQ'er.

Trying a brisket today for the first time and it's stuck at 180 Deg F.

So, i raised the oven temp to move it along.

I smoked it for 3 hours first before moving into the oven.

I'm from Boston suburbs and now live in Houston.

Love Boston, and Love Texas!

Great BBQ in every town, which is why I gained 20 lbs in 2 years!

Glad your here. I to use a MES. Lots of people here to answer any questions you might need one day. One thing to check out is the mods for it. Invest in a AMAZN to. You'll be glad you did later.
Good luck on more smoking adventures.
Rob, MI

welcome1.gif
  to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

Glad your here. I to use a MES. Lots of people here to answer any questions you might need one day. One thing to check out is the mods for it. Invest in a AMAZN to. You'll be glad you did later.
Good luck on more smoking adventures.
Rob, MI
Thanks. I started looking into the AMAZN products last night but not sure which to buy. Guess I need to do more research on this and all the other mods

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

You can put the AMAZN inside of the smoker if you don't want to modify the smoker. I can use either my chip tray or the other. Just a quick simple change for me. For me it depends on what I'm making. Just did a brisket that took about 15 hrs. I used my AMAZN for it and started it at night. It's nice knowing I didn't have to get up and add chips during the night constantly. Later in the next day I just added more pellets to it and let it go. One other thing. Check out what people are using for meat thermometers. I use the Maverick dual meat probe Bluetooth unit as do a lot of other people. But there are other good ones out there. Just start a new thread asking the question. I'm sure you will get several replies

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky