Beef wrapped with bacon help??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

potatoc

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Durham, NC
Looking for a good recipe for pieces of steak wrapped in bacon. Dosen't matter smoked or grilled, injected, rubbed, whatever. I love beef and I love bacon and want to make a wrapped steak chunck that will impress all... Anyone got something good fo me??????

Never done it, but maybe I would try this for an experiment, Marinate 3lbs of steak tips overnight.....

Marinade: 1+ cp of soy sauce, 6 tb canola ,6 tb brn sugar, 3 tb cooking sherry, 3 tb hot sauce, 2+ cloves garlic minced, 1 tee each of ……ground ginger, pepper, dry mustard, 1 tee + of onion pdwr.

Cut your bacon strips small so they just fit around a steak tip, then wrap bacon around each tip sliding several of them(maybe 8 to 10) onto wooden skewers so that it will be easier to move them.

Smoke them at 250 for 90 minutes or less, and serve:-)

hmmm. ABST- atomic buffalo steak turd- good luck with your experiments

Mine is similar to Texas-Hunter's. I use tri-tip steaks, not the roasts. We get them @ Costco. They come usually 4"-8" long and about 1&1'2" - 2" wide. I cut them into about 3/4" - 1" medallions then into the marinade for a couple of hours.

Marinade:
Olive oil
Garlic
Salt
Pepper
Brown Sugar
Worsteshier (sp?)

Cut bacon strips in 1/2, wrap around tri-tip medallions & secure with water soaked toothpick (or skewers). Then smoke or grill to rare or medium-rare. We have tried other seasonings on the steak (Cajun, Montreal, Emerils,
Arthur Bryants, etc.) and they all turned out good, we just prefer the above marinated process the best. Good luck!

I know it's not smoker cooked
icon_redface.gif
, but they would be good using the fondue method, quick deep fried in hot oil

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky