• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beef strips for dinner

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Howdy folks. Last night's dinner was amazing.

IMG_0134.jpg

Started out with a few strips. And cut them into medallions. And wrapped them in hickory bacon.

IMG_0137.jpg

And used this rub that I got from jcam222 jcam222 .

IMG_0139.jpg

Applied the rub. This stuff looks evil. But I was assured that it is not all that. And to use liberally.

IMG_0145.jpg

Put on the weber and let um rip. Pulled at medium well. Plated up with baked potato. Awesome meal. That rub is over the top delicious.

tx smoker

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Holy smoke Steve!! That meal looks great but those steaks are amazing. That rub is some pretty darned good stuff. We love it around here and I'll make sure to keep some on hand. Nice job my friend.

Robert

sawhorseray

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Looks good Steve, those are my kind of taters, all loaded up! No room for veggies? RAY

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Holy smoke Steve!! That meal looks great but those steaks are amazing. That rub is some pretty darned good stuff. We love it around here and I'll make sure to keep some on hand. Nice job my friend.

Robert
Thanks bud! I'm going to order more of that rub.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Looks good Steve, those are my kind of taters, all loaded up! No room for veggies? RAY
Thanks Ray! I never gave veggies a thought last night. I should have opened a can of spinach to go with it.

sawhorseray

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I've gotten hooked on the microwave bags for spinach Steve, five minutes, add a little butter and sour cream, about my favorite side with beef. RAY

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
I've gotten hooked on the microwave bags for spinach Steve, five minutes, add a little butter and sour cream, about my favorite side with beef. RAY
I never tried the steamer bags of spinach. I really like the corn and broccoli ones. I need to try it.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Those look great Steve! I love the Dirt rub and use it often. Heck it’s even good sprinkled on burgers done inside or on the griddle. The charcoal component makes them taste grilled.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Those look great Steve! I love the Dirt rub and use it often. Heck it’s even good sprinkled on burgers done inside or on the griddle. The charcoal component makes them taste grilled.
Thanks Jeff! Next time I do burgers I'll give that a try.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Awesome Meal !!
I could eat about Half of that plate in the last Pic!!!
Nice Job, Steve!
Like.

Bear

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
Holy Yum! Nice cook Steve! looks delish!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice job Steve!
The steaks look great, but I would devour that baked potato!
Al

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Looks darn tasty. Love loaded potatoes.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 7, 2017
YEAP! Looks really good…everything!

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Damn that’s a nice dinner Steve! Steak and potatoes no veggies needed. A dark rub really gives a nice color to the meat, not to mention tasty too!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.