beef smoked > oven for 18 hrs > possible or not?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nirc

Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had ideas/ recipes on how to keep either a brisket or rib roast (preferred cuts, but anything is doable) viable if left in regular household oven on low temp for 18+ hrs once it has been in the smoker?

Thanks

in case my post is not clear, let me try to explain my situation.

i am having a small get together on a sunday afternoon but since i will be unavailable to tend the smoker that day, i was hoping to smoke the beef on saturday and then put into my oven from sat evening till sundays' party to keep warm................. / message

controls
progress.gif

Last edited:
 I did this a couple of weeks ago with a 14 lb. packer brisket, ribs and a couple of chickens for a family gathering and folks thought I had pulled an all nighter.  

I placed the meat in a foil pan when I pulled it off of the smoker and cover the pan with aluminum foil and placed it in the fridge (I leave the temp probe in the meat). The next day, I pulled it from the fridge, lifted a corner of the aluminum foil and added a little beef stock to the pan and then placed the pan into a 350° oven and inserted the probe lead into the thermo and set the temp alarm to go off at 160°. Pull from the oven let rest for 15-20 minutes be for slicing. 

Dutch's plan sounds like a solid hit.

I will add that if you want fall apart/pullable brisket flat and point cuts, you can leave it in the covered pan at 175* after smoking to 160* I/T. This is my favorite way to finish any meats I will be pulling instead of slicing...in 8-12 hours, depending on the weight of the cut, you'll have trouble getting it out of the pan because it's so tender.

So, if sliced brisket is your preference, don't hold the temp for extended periods, but if the absolute of tenderness is your target, this will do the job.

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky