• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beef Short Ribs

Newglide

Joined Jun 14, 2021
Had an opportunity to pick up some beef short ribs. Haven't done any before but they have been on my list to do. I'm thinking my standard SPOG and smoke around 250. Not sure how much time to give myself to cook. They are 2lbs a piece.

Attachments

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Welcome.
4 hrs should get them right. But make sure the grate is 250* probe for tender looking for above 200*

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Nice looking ribs. You can do them a bit hotter if you want. 275F would be no problem

SKade

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 21, 2019
SPOG is the way to go. You want to be tasting that beef! Your temp looks right. I haven’t done the ribs individually like that so I can’t help you on time but go until probe tender. Should be just above 200 but definitely go by feel rather than temp. Looks like a nice meal shaping up.

Newglide

Joined Jun 14, 2021
Thanks all, I am looking forward to cooking them.
My only rib experience is with pork, Should I wrap at a certain point or just let em ride till I get to probe tender 200ish mark?

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Just let them ride, I don’t wrap them. They have so much fat in them they will be very juicy & flavorful @ 200-205 IT. Good luck, those are some nice looking ribs!
Make sure you take some finish photo’s!
Al

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Those will be awesome!!
250° will be fine, and call it quits at about 200° to 205° IT, like has already been said!

Bear

browneyesvictim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 16, 2016
Just S&P and I'm in for the ride... (yeah just let em ride).Those are going to be guud!

Newglide

Joined Jun 14, 2021
Just let them ride, I don’t wrap them. They have so much fat in them they will be very juicy & flavorful @ 200-205 IT. Good luck, those are some nice looking ribs!
Make sure you take some finish photo’s!
Al
Thanks, I'm looking forward to cooking them. Unfortunately it'll probably be a few weeks out. I'll post some pics when I get there.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.