• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

beef roasts

sbfd0525

Joined May 15, 2007
I am thinking about smoking up some kind of big beef roast tomorrow. I have not yet bought anything but I was wondeering if anyone has any ideas on certain cuts that would be good and the time they might take to cook. Also how long does a larger pork loin take? Thanks for the help.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
you can figure about 1.5 hours/pound for all big cuts. i have done beef shoulder roasts, chuck arm roasts- almost all beef roasts really. they were all good. just pick the size you want/need, and do a search in the "beef" section for what you buy.

larry maddock

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 27, 2005
hello hello,
depending on whether it rains bt 9am--
im planinng on a small rump roast in the smoker...

i will take to 160f internally......

i havent done much of these--
so i dont have the times as a guide...

im glad to meet you..

larry maddock

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 27, 2005
its raining --and rain forcast thru thur---

its in the crock pot now--
i shot it up with marinade...

msmith

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 22, 2006
Larry were getting plenty of rain here also.

smokin for life

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 21, 2007
I just did 2 chuck roast yesterday, and "yes thanks Debi" for the time and temp. charts they were a big help.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.