Beef Roast need help please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

evilwebster

Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I picked up a Spoon Roast (beef) from whole foods, and I am having trouble browsing the internet for cooking times.

I can find cooking times for 325 degrees F. Great. But what if I want to slow smoke it?

It's a 5.23 pound roast I normally keep my smoker around 200. Can anyone please give me a guess on time?

All the websites I find say at 325 degrees F I should do 15 minutes a pound for rare. That gives me near an hour and a half.

If I cut the temperature to 200, I'm thinking 2 and a half hours? Does that sound good to anyone?

-thanks, Matt

p.s. I hate when I get myself all worried about cooking my meat the night before. It screws with my head!

2 1/2 hours or the themometer reachs desired temp for the doneness you want, remember to pull it of 5* early and rest it

If you are planning on pulling it at rare to med-rare then I think 2 1/2 hours running about 200 would be a good round about estimate.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky