Beef ribs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
I cut the ribs off of some rib roasts I got a couple weeks ago.

Seasoned with SPG.

While these were getting happy I fired up the kettle with the vortex. Kbb with kaiwa wood.

Then put the ribs on.

Five hours they were probe tender.

I think I should have cooked a bit longer to try to get more fat out. All n all they were tasty.

Last edited:
The only time I made beef ribs I foiled some the foiled ones fat rendered much better and they were much tastier! Looks like a nice smoke ring!

The only time I made beef ribs I foiled some the foiled ones fat rendered much better and they were much tastier! Looks like a nice smoke ring!

Thanks. Maybe foil next time. This was only my second shot at them. The first ones had no meat on them. No foil worked. :biggrin:

Thanks. Maybe foil next time. This was only my second shot at them. The first ones had no meat on them. No foil worked. :biggrin:

Seems unless you cut them you get no meat! I was at the store last week and they had a beautiful pack and the rest were all lousy so I passed.

The ribs look perfect from my house.

Very hard to get meaty ribs like that unless you cut them off the roast yourself.

Points!!

Al

Ribs look excellent Adam! Beef ribs are the only ribs I foil. They really do benefit from the braise.

No problem getting beefy meaty ribs hear. Just ask the butcher for the non-cut or non-trimmed beef ribs.

Points!

They look great man! I always foil mine too - it does make a difference... I was debating on whether to make some ribs this week but you have made up my mind for me 
beercheer.gif

Those look great and another use for that vortex.  I agree that the fat renders a little better with some foiling time but I like them naked sometimes too!
Yea, kinda liking the vortex.
Ribs look excellent Adam! Beef ribs are the only ribs I foil. They really do benefit from the braise.

No problem getting beefy meaty ribs hear. Just ask the butcher for the non-cut or non-trimmed beef ribs.

Points!

They look great man! I always foil mine too - it does make a difference... I was debating on whether to make some ribs this week but you have made up my mind for me 
beercheer.gif

Thanks, Looks like I learned something.     Sometimes foil IS needed.

Man those look great Nice Job Adam  I could stand me a few of those   
points1.png

Gary

Adam nice job on trimming to make them meaty ribs. Points
Richie

Thanks Richie. Can't wait to get more rib roasts to try this again.

Man those look great Nice Job Adam  I could stand me a few of those   :points1:

Gary

Thanks Gary. I need more practice on these thou

Thanks Richie. Can't wait to get more rib roasts to try this again.
Thanks Gary. I need more practice on these thou
Only Practice I see is maybe Eating those good looking rascals 

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky