Beef Ribs & Spatchcock Chicken on the Yoder pellet pooper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 6, 2017
Lake Texoma
So the last time I tried to cook beef ribs I wound up throwing them away. I used Stubbs moppin sauce on them and they were terrible! So I've been bouncing around on here looking at many beef rib threads and I went with this.........

Mixed up a batch of Jeff's Texas Rub & I decided to cook them at 285 deg so I fired up the Yoder with CookinPellets Perfect mix and set it on 285. Dusted the ribs with the Texas Rub & put them on the upper rack. Since the lower grill was empty I filled it with 2 spatchcock chickens that I dusted one with New Orleans Cajun seasoning and the other with Slap Yo Mammy. Filled my AMPS with Cherry and 3 1/2 hours later everything was done.

Chickens were so tender they were falling apart. We like them that way. Breast meat was about 165 deg (I put the chickens on about an hour after I put the ribs on) and the Ribs I brought them to 205 to 210. I was thrilled with how the ribs turned out. Once again got some really great ideas right here on the forum. Good stuff!

Attachments

• IMG_3581.JPG
    IMG_3581.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3582.jpg
    IMG_3582.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3583.jpg
    IMG_3583.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 20
Love that smoke ring on those ribs. Looks like a very successful run. Do you think the main reason the last ribs you did got ruined was only because of the Stubbs?

Thanks & yes the Stubbs flavor profile with it's vinegar base didn't do well with the beef ribs. I've used it and other vinegar based sauces on pork ribs over the years with really good results. I just didn't work with beef.

Thanks & yes the Stubbs flavor profile with it's vinegar base didn't do well with the beef ribs. I've used it and other vinegar based sauces on pork ribs over the years with really good results. I just didn't work with beef.
That's good to know, I almost bought some of that this morning. I'll definitely have to keep that in mind.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky