Beef Ribs Questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fishawn

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Olympia, WA
I have yet to smoke Beef Ribs but have grilled them a few times. Is there anything special I should do?.....What do y'all like to do to them?

Here when we do beef ribs, which isn't that often anymore, we don't do very much special. Use your favorite marinade and rub and we keep our heat between 195 and 205, the beef ribs tend to ry out a bit easier than pork. All due to fat content and distribution. We generally as a rule smoke 2 hours and then foil, once again though we use the pullback from the bone as a guide. After about an eight of an inch has pulled back we foil. We let it sit in the foil for about an hour. Then back to the smoker for no more than an hour. Lather up with sauce in the last 10 minutes if desired. After they come off we wrap in 2 layers of foil, wrap in a old blanket and then put in a dry clean room temp cooler. After 45 minutes to an hour they are ready to consume. But you come up with own gameplan and enjoy them. Post a pic or two if you get a chance. Thats something I am guilty of. I am always so enthused and excited with smoking that I forget the camera part.

I agree with davidmcg, Lower and slower than most meats I cook. Take as long as it takes. Foil after some pullback (although not necessary if you are keepin temps down), and enjoy. Sometimes takes a long time to break down connective tissue (on some ribs) but its worth it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky