beef ribs first attempt need input?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

luke71

Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Alberta
Hey guys and gals just bought two beautiful looking racks of beef back ribs and just curious as to what temps and times to smoke them at?In the past i have smoked a lot of pork ribs of all variaties but never beef ribs.Also looking for a good rub to spice them bad boys up?

Thanks

I just finished 6 racks of beef ribs yesterday. They were a little tougher than I would have liked but the flavor was unbeatable. I used Jeff's rub and added the "secret" ingredient wild cherry kool-aid and smoked them with a combination of hickory and cherry wood. The taste was really unique and everyone love them. I used the 3-2-1 method but I think next time. foil them longer because beef ribs and not as tender as the pork.

Good Luck

can't thank you enough this board rocks!!!!!!great people and great advice can't beat it....

i'll maybe have to post a qview of the ribs

I followed TasunkaWitko's beef ribs, but I also marinaded the ribs in Dr Pepper, Soy, LIme juice and alittle EVOO.

Final brush of a little sweet BBQ sauce. Turned out great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky