Beef Ribs and ABTs with Qview

Discussion in 'Beef' started by daboys, May 4, 2008.

1. daboys

daboys Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Cooked up a couple slabs of beef ribs this aft. Threw on some ABTs along with the potatoes and beans. I was going to use the 2-2-1. Ended up being 2-2-.5. Turned out very tender and miost. I'd like to try some wet ribs next but I can't find a sauce that looks good. I'm not a real big fan of allot of vinegar taste. I can take a little bit of apple cider vinegar. If anybody has a good mop recipe I'd appreciate it.

2. ajthepoolman

ajthepoolman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks good! Would SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce make a decent mop? I use it in pulled pork, but never on ribs.

3. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

DaBoys - nice looking q! Those ABTs came out great ... looks like someone is heading into the workweek with a full tummy!! [​IMG]

4. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Mighty fine vittles! Excellent work!

5. nomorecoop

nomorecoop Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

There is a great mop sauce called Carolina Treet. It's a true mop & warns you not to use this product for anything other than a cooking sauce as it will not taste right.

Google Carolina Treet & it should come up.

6. daboys

daboys Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

AJ and nomorecoop, thanks for the replys. Checked them both out. Looks like too much vinegar for me. I don't think I will find one without any. Guess I could always use a sweet sauce and put it on near the end of the smoke.

7. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yummy! Beef ribs are near the top of my "gotta try some soon" list.